Mar 21, 2008

vatican the holy see

i was dumb. a real dumb. bearbear told me to get off at ottaviano stop. but being doubtful, i insisted to go to cipro musei vaticani. this sounds more vaticani, doesnt it? so then we had a long walk fr the metro stop to vatican city. it wasnt tiring and mama wasnt grumpy. instead she managed to stop at a sundry shop and bought some italian mangos. but still, moral of the story is to listen to those who hav done homework. dun ever pandai-pandai.

here is an insider tip in italy: beware of pickpockets. i was nearly a victim. you know, the train was crowded. so me and bearbear were standing quite far fr each other. then there were two gals holding shawls, came towards me. one of them looked at me and gave me a friendly smile. she was just standing rite in front of me. but suddenly, i just couldnt figure out what struck my mind. i remembered the story sis told me when she was in italy. gypsies. pickpocket. whatever. my quick response was to check my bag, hold it tight. the next thing i realised, the bag zipper was opened!! but due to my prompt action, the pickpocket attempt failed. i should give all the credits to my cleverness, smartness, and alertness... whatever!!

vatican city fortress - the great wall.

museum visit. we hav had enough!!

fountain at st. peter's piazza.

st. peter's piazza.

italy wasnt that cold. i can even ber-pose.

st. peter's piazza.

ready to go into st. peter basilica.

st. peter basilica.

sacred visit. statue of st. peter. many pilgrims come and touch/kiss this statue.

visit finished. going back to rome.

No comments: